TINA NASH massacred OF BARREL FOR 12 HOURS

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    'I will never see my kids' faces again': Tears of mother blinded by boyfriend who GOUGED both of her eyes out

Tina Nash was subjected to 'sickening' 12-hour assault while her two children were in home
    She was also left with a broken nose and jaw in an attack described as 'the most harrowing' police had seen
    The 32-year-old said the worst thing was not being able to see her children
    She had suffered abuse at Shane Jenkin's hands before but had helped him get out of jail
    Mother of two said she hoped her attacker was not 'buzzing' at the thought he was the last person she saw
    Jenkin had 'Outlaw' tattooed on his arm and was serving a five-year ban from pubs in the area for drunken violence

By Luke Salkeld

A thug has admitted blinding his lover in a sickening 12-hour attack.

Mother-of-two Tina Nash, 31, had her eyes gouged out and was brutally beaten in the assault.

Yesterday she told of her heart-break at never being able to see her children again.

article-2129225-129450C0000005DC-594_306x423article-0-129426A6000005DC-259_306x423
    Devastated: Tina Nash, pictured left speaking out today, and right before the attack, said she missed 'the things people take for granted' like seeing the sea and sky

The horrific attack by Shane Jenkin left her feeling as if she had been ‘buried alive’.

Miss Nash, who has sons aged four and 14, said: ‘He has taken everything from me and robbed me of one of the most precious things in life – my sight.
    ‘I actually look forward to going to sleep because in my dreams I have sight. It’s when I wake up that the truth hits home.

‘I feel like I have been buried alive. I feel like a ghost. I can hear everyone but I can’t even see my kids’ faces. That is really harsh.
    Vile: Shane Jenkin, 33, assaulted his girlfriend in a 'premeditated and vicious attack'
    article-0-12942779000005DC-459_306x423
    Vile: Shane Jenkin, 33, assaulted his girlfriend in a 'premeditated and vicious attack'

‘I actually wish I wasn’t here. I miss the world, my kids’ faces, I miss everything.

‘Some days I just don’t want to get up but I’m determined to provide a future for my children and this is my motivation.’

Jenkin, 33, who had regularly assaulted Miss Nash on previous occasions, attacked her while she was asleep at her home in Hayle, Cornwall, last April. He broke her nose and jaw, throttled her until she was unconscious, and then gouged out her eyes.

Miss Nash recalled: ‘He was blaming me, saying, “It’s all your fault – I am going to do years for this”.’

She had several operations over four weeks of hospital treatment but surgeons could not save her eyes.

She said she had thought she could change Jenkin’s violent behaviour but warned other victims of domestic violence to get out ‘before it is too late’. She added: ‘It’s not going to get better, it’s going to get worse.’

Miss Nash, described by a relative as ‘friendly, bubbly and outgoing’, had helped win Jenkin’s release from jail for previous offences.

‘I’ve done so much for him and this is how he’s repaid me,’ she said.

Miss Nash thanked her friends and family for their ‘amazing support’ in an emotional interview yesterday after attending Truro Crown Court to hear Jenkin, of Hayle, plead guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent. Originally charged with attempted murder, he was remanded in custody and will be sentenced next month.

The brief hearing did not reveal details of what led to the assault. It is understood the couple had been out drinking earlier that evening, and that Miss Nash’s children were asleep in the house at the time of the attack.

article-2129225-12944EBA000005DC-1000_634x475
    Suffering: Ms Nash is led into Truro Crown Court by a police officer last year, her damaged eyes covered by sunglasses

Detective Inspector Chris Strickland of Devon and Cornwall Police described Miss Nash’s ordeal as the most shocking attack he had ever dealt with. He said: ‘This was a premeditated, sustained and vicious attack on a defenceless woman.

‘Tina has displayed incredible strength, however, and has shown great desire to care for her two children.’

Those who knew Jenkin last night described a terrifying thug who would attack without warning.

He was banned several times from pubs in Penzance for violence. One barman said: ‘He could just turn and go from being nice and polite and jovial then bang, it was like flicking a switch.

‘I have seen him talking to people, having a laugh, then stamping on them on the floor.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...l#ixzz1rtvf5DEC

0 replies since 14/4/2012, 06:57   27 views