Countdown star Rachel Riley weds her university sweetheart

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Here comes the brainy bride:

By Emily Sheridan

Countdown presenter Rachel Riley has married her university sweetheart Jamie Gilbert.

The maths expert, 26, tied the knot with the businessman in a romantic service earlier this month.

Among those in attendance were Rachel's Countdown colleague Nick Hewer.

Countdown presenter Rachel Riley has married her university sweetheart Jamie Gilbert.

The maths expert, 26, tied the knot with the businessman in a romantic service earlier this month.

Among those in attendance were Rachel's Countdown colleague Nick Hewer.

article-0-149C3F24000005DC-973_468x313

The two men in her life: Bride Rachel Riley gets a kiss from her Countdown colleague Nick Hewer (left) and new husband Jamie Gilbert on their wedding day

Rachel and Jamie met while studying at Oxford and were together for four years before splitting in late 2009 - soon after she landed the Countdown job as Carol Vorderman's replacement.

However, they soon got back together, with Jamie proposing on her 25th birthday in January 2011.
    article-2190782-149C3F44000005DC-689_233x321

The full interview and pictures are in the new issue of Hello! magazine, on sale now

Although their wedding seemed to go swimmingly, Rachel admitted her father Chris did fall over after tripping on her dress.

She tells Hello! magazine: 'It was only when we were walking down the stairs to the ceremony that I got a bit nervous.

'We were getting in position, ready to make our entrance when my dad stood on my dress. So he kind of fell over.'

Former Apprentice star Hewer, who posed for a photo with the happy couple, praised Rachel as a beautiful bride.

He said: 'Of course, Rachel is one of the most beautiful women in England. When you've got brains and beauty combined, then you've hit the jackpot - at least Mr Gilbert has.'

Proud father Chris told the magazine: 'I've watched every Countdown numbers game since Rachel started on the show, that's 2,448.

'Rachel has solved the numbers game when contestants have failed and she's done this over 700 times.'

The full interview and pictures are in the new issue of Hello! magazine, on sale now.

article-2190782-028D1FAD000005DC-709_468x286.

I'll have a vowel please: Rachel on Countdown

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz23xxSKNSc

0 replies since 20/8/2012, 05:13   38 views